This week has seen the completion of the Digital TV switchover in the UK. Over a 5 year period the team has managed the successful transfer from Analogue to Digital in all regions of the UK. This has involved:-
- Re-engineering over 1100 transmitters from Analogue to Digital.
- Maintaining coverage at around 98.5% of UK residents.
- Making 95% of the population aware of the programme.
- Ensuring those who need help get it fast.
- Freeing up the Analogue bandwidth for other uses.
The Team achieved all this and more completing the changeover on time and within budget. It was also an excellent example of collaboration between public sector broadcasters, independent broadcasters, Ofcom, Government and other parties.
Particularly impressive were the adverts targeted at the public which were clear, concise and informative.
Congratulations to the Digital Switchover team for a job well done.