Good Managers don’t neccessarily make good Leaders & vice versa. Leaders can be found in any strata of society and it is probably true to say they are born rather than made although, they often need to be discovered. Here are some key leadership traits:-
- Leaders swim against the tide.
- They are often mavericks who don’t follow ‘the rules’ even the ones they create.
- They lead by example and practice what they preach.
- They are resillient and mentally strong.
- Often loathed as much as loved.
- Don’t care what everyone else thinks.
- Lead by inspiration.
- Upset people by stirring things up.
- Are often considered ‘awkward’ or demanding.
Are you a follower or a Leader ?